About the episode
This conversation was so, so inspiring. She had so many insightful stories to tell about her own personal experience as a plus sized trainer in an industry that for the most part is dedicated and built upon us, in particular women, taking up less space and being smaller. She talks about her experience in gyms with other clients, with straight sized clients, with other coaches, and then also her experience in the online business space.
It’s a really, really great conversation and I’m so excited for you to meet Stacy and for you to listen in to this conversation.
Topics discussed in episode #7
- Stacy’s experience as a plus sized coach in an industry that’s so focused on people being smaller
- How Stacy began to label herself as a plus sized coach
- Taking the negative connotation out of words like fat and plus sized
- How Stacy had dealt with negativity from straight sized instructors and clients
- How labeling happens as the result of trying to connect with people
- Learning that the size of your body does not dictate how well you preform your job
- What a shift in business to focus on working with plus sized women looks like personally and professional for Stacy
- Leaning into your passion and becoming truly aligned with your business
- A bit about Stacy’s program, The Freedom Fitness Membership
Connect with Melanie here: