This was me back in 2010, I had struggled with my weight for years – and I was only 24. My husband had just proposed and we were starting to plan our wedding, I saw this picture and couldn’t believe how unhealthy I looked, I remember thinking “Am I really that overweight?”.
I had already decided I didn’t want to be a ‘fat bride’ but had really done very little about it. The following week I took action, and started ‘another diet plan’.
Yep, I’m not going to lie to you – I joined a meal replacement diet plan, because at that time I didn’t know any other way to lose weight. I had a lot of weight to lose, and I had never before followed the rules, I liked food and didn’t really believe that dieting worked…
I fall into the “rule breaker” dieting category, I don’t like the idea of being restricted, at the time I wished that I could just learn how to lose weight by eating real food. I wanted to lose weight without having to choose between life and skinny.
Yet I stuck with it as best I could and by our wedding day in
August 2011, I’d lost about fifty pounds and felt like a million bucks
The sad thing is that I still didn’t feel ‘good enough’ despite all my effort, the sweat, the tears, the money – I didn’t look the way I had imagined.
I wasn’t ‘slim enough’.
Of course a lot has happened since I married Matt in 2011! I qualified as a personal trainer, had a beautiful little boy called Greyson and started sharing my insights and strategies with other women, just like yourself online.
Meet the Family!
If you had told me back in 2010, that I’d be working in the health and fitness industry I would have laughed…uncomfortably…because this was never the plan. I took my problem solving skills, added my passion for coaching and created an opportunity which means I can reach women all over the world.
I recently asked my husband to describe me in three words, and this is what he came up with:
I’ve learnt over the years to show up authentically, as I am without any BS. My clients have learnt that I’ll ask them the tough questions. I’ll challenge you and make you uncomfortable because:
Life Starts at the end of your Comfort Zone…
What you need to know about me:
- I love quotes, they are everywhere in our house, my office, our coffee mugs and my wardrobe! Most people don’t know when they didn’t see me without a slogan vest on!
- I drink coffee, water, wine and the odd protein shake – not all of them on a daily basis – but I used to drink diet soda 24/7. I gave it up in 2012 and haven’t looked back!
- I’m from the UK…and I love love LOVE country music, which actually isn’t as weird as it was a few years ago. From Willie Nelson to Carrie Underwood, I love it all.
- Since I was a kid Peanut Butter has been one of my favourite foods – unfortunately I grew up thinking it was unhealthy…now not so much!
- My favourite city in the world is New York City, I got married in Central Park and I’ve hardly travelled anywhere else in the last few years.
- My favourite colour is yellow, and my favourite flower is a Sunflower.
- I am an only child, and I’m more than happy being by myself – which is why working from home works for me 😉
- I got a tattoo at the age of 27 – and my mum cried!
- Oh and I love cheesecake, the good stuff, the baked kind – but I don’t like the sh*t people try to put on it. #Cheesecakebutholdtheshit
As you can probably tell my transition into the health industry was not like my peers, I didn’t love sports at school, in fact I wrote notes to get out of sports class AND came last in every cross-country I ever took part in. Gah I seriously disliked running in the cold and wet mud!
So how the heck did a former sport-hating, two-hundred and fifty-pound woman start coaching?
I realized that the industry still has a lot of crappy information out there, and unfortunately it’s appealing and we want results…like yesterday.
I got certified because for the first time in my life, I felt different, not just because I’d lost weight but because my mind was in the right place. I had invested in myself, in my health, in my body and my longevity. I am now a REPS registered Personal Trainer!
One of my favourite blogs that I’ve written is: Dieting Keeps Us Fat? Check it out for my opinion AND the science!
I’m so glad to have you here, and I hope that you’ll stick around. If you’d like to know more about my Fat Loss strategies, then be sure to grab a spot on my VIP list – these ladies get my very best stuff straight to their inbox.
Enjoy and I’ll see you soon.