Sleep and stress are important for fat loss, but how much you get is going to be a balancing act, only you can control…
- Talking stress and how it impacts our fat loss success
- We throw the word around a lot [myself included]
- A lot of us are creating additional unnecessary stress
- We need acute amounts of stress – think flight or fight
- As a society we are very sedentary
- When we follow traditional diets [eat less and exercise more] we are going from one extreme to the other
- Our bodies are working hard burning calories, and we are under-eating
- Excessive exercise causes excessive stress
- Which is why we don’t always end up with the results we want or expect
- Short intense workouts. 3-5 short intense workouts, work hard and you will be in fat burning mode
- Achieve more, by doing less
- The caveat to this, if you enjoy longer training sessions, 5K, half marathon training etc – don’t give it up because of this, but balance it out
- Find time to relax.
- You need to find a balance between stress and leisure activities
- Think Goldilocks! Jussssssst right 😉
- Burn out is real, and I experienced this in 2015. I spent more time complaining about my situation rather than making better choices and changing what I was doing
- Take action!
- Sleep is important, but it is the action you take to create a better sleep schedule that will benefit your body and mind
- Reminder of a suggested list of leisure activities: Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, Reading, Journaling, Walking, Breathing, Baths
“Sort your stress out and your diet will sort itself out” – Dr Jade Teta
Reminder that next week I start a Four Pillar Formula, 4-day fat loss course! This course is covering some nuts and bolts from my coaching program the Four Pillar Formula and we will be covering more on calories, the balancing act of stress, habit change and how to shed the dieters mindset. I am super excited to get started and so many women have already enrolled! If you are interested in this FREE 4-day fat loss course then enrol now. We get started June 27th!