Last week I started journalling again, I wanted to start making some progress with my body and adding a fat loss programme back into my life. It has been a success, I have learnt some great new insights and really pushed myself out of my comfort zone. Whilst I maintained my weight, I also noticed some little habits creeping in, that were not fat loss friendly.
In this weeks video I am sharing with you what the four pillars of fat loss are, how you can figure out where to start, and what I have been doing to address my problem pillar.
Let’s get started!
- Last week I mentioned I am going to start journalling, and address my body and fat loss goals
- This week I am going to talk about [a] The Four Pillars Of Fat Loss and [b] The Balanced Journal
- I didn’t want to use MFP or a notebook, I wanted to address the four pillars of fat loss, so I went ahead and created my own journal
- The calories in, calories out model is outdated.
- When following that model, processed food tends to be consumed and hours of cardio are completed because it provides a bigger calorie burn
- You will hear me use the words FAT LOSS not weight loss because during wight loss, and diet restriction you are losing muscle
- When I lost 100 pounds, I was following that model, I ran a lot and so when I reached my ‘goal weight’ I was just a smaller, softer version of myself.
- Fat loss is harder than weight loss, but fat loss = body change
- I don’t want to lose muscle, I want to hold onto as much muscle as possible, lose the fat and CHANGE MY BODY
- I want you to be able do the same
THE FOUR PILLARS OF FAT LOSS
- You should be addressing these before you make those small habit changes
- MEALS, EXERCISE, LEISURE, MINDFULNESS
- Take all four pillars, and address which one needs the most work
- On a scale 1 – 10, 1 being “I totally struggle, I don’t know what or how to begin” and 10 being “I am set, I know exactly what to do”
- I decided to address my Meals first, and I have been playing around with food timing. Not eating just because it’s a certain time – I want to feel hunger.
- Always manage your Hunger, Energy and Cravings.
THE BALANCED JOURNAL
- I created a journal which addresses the four pillars
- I write words about my day
- I am not doing math, adding calories or adding detailed ingredients
- This is a great tool to refocus your intentions, and really understand your body, what and when it needs carbohydrates and fat.
- How long did I walk for? What other leisure activities did I do that day?
- When do I workout? What did I do and how did I feel before and after?
- How did I sleep?
- How did I feel when I woke up?
- I am releasing this journal within the next week.
- If you are on my VIP email list, you will get this journal first.
- Reminder: MEALS, EXERCISE, LEISURE, MINDFULNESS
To get all my very best insights and strategies into weight loss, health, fitness and happiness then just add your details here You will be on my VIP list and receive my best stuff straight to your inbox on a weekly basis. Don’t forget to confirm your email and add me to your friends list, I wouldn’t want this great information to be lost in your inbox!