I used to love love LOVE training my shoulders…it was my go to workout when I didn’t want to do anything else!
I fell out of love working my upper body, and my workouts have been so inconsistent for 18-months that I’ve just focused on bigger muscle groups…yes my legs and booty are strong AF!
As I move into a really great place with my workouts, consistent, motivated and just feeling really at ease with my body – I want to rekindle some of that deltoid romance 😉 I want to focus on my whole body – not just what’s easy!
Well, after I recorded this weeks #fitfriday I did a complete upper body resistance workout and holy crap my chesticles were SORE! Wow, so now I know what I’m working with – let’s keep the momentum going!
Check out my favourite quick and easy triple threat shoulder workout:
Triple Threat Shoulder Workout:
- Complete 10 reps of each exercise, dropping 2 reps each round until you get to 2 reps.
- Movement One: Front Raise – working the front of your shoulder
- Movement Two: Lateral/Side Raise – working the side of your shoulder
- Movement Three: Rear Delt Flye – working the back of your shoulder
- Movement Four: Plank/Kneeling Shoulder Taps – building some intensity and working your chest, shoulders and core
- Choose a set of moderate weight dumbbells
- You are completing this workout for time
- There is no rest allocated
- Work until you need to rest and rest until you can work again
- The heavier the weight, the more you’ll need to rest
- Just be sure you can keep form throughout your repetitions